I’m Tracy, a thirty-something wife of one, mother of four, who loves to read, think, and laugh…hard. I am learning how to love homemaking, appreciate afflictions, and go to bed at a decent hour. I adore my husband, cherish my children, delight in my friends, and treasure my books.
My husband and I teach our children at home and yes, we love it. Learning and growing together as a family is an adventure I feel blessed to be a part of. In my spare time, (ha-ha!) I am a doula, childbirth educator, and breastfeeding educator. I have been helping families birth their babies since 1996 with the goal of helping their relationships be deeper, closer, and more fulfilling.
Each week you will find me in the gym, teaching children to trust their bodies, develop their courage, and grow their muscles. I have been teaching gymnastics for almost all of my adult life and currently have about 80 homeschooled students. Though my muscle strength and flexibility are no where near what they used to be, I can still do a string of back handsprings and walk on my hands…sometimes I don’t even get hurt!
Mentoring children, youth, and adults is often a part of my life and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities this provides me to build relationships, study hard, and invest in others growth. My adult colloquia (book discussion) group has been a pivotal part of my education and I love helping others figure out how to start one in their own communities. If you would like my booklist, contact me and I will send it to you. I serve on the Board of Directors of iFamily Leadership Academy and Midwives College of Utah.
I am an ardent book lover and dream of owning a delightful children’s bookstore with a daily storytime by moi. Maybe when I am 80 I will make that dream come true? For now, I have a large bookshelf over at Shelfari that you are welcome to check out.
I have been incredibly blessed in my life and am committed to passing on the goodness that has been shown to me. Each fall, our family does a big service project and throughout the year, we do other smaller projects. You can read about them at Save The World Projects and we always LOVE help, so please consider joining us in making a difference in the world.
Laundry, dishes, schedules, and order are big challenges in my life, but little by little I am conquering them. Sometimes I am even able to walk through my room without injury! I enjoy singing at the top of my lungs, screaming with delight, giving (& getting) bear hugs, camping, hiking, sleeping, playing games, doing back flips, and riding my recumbent bike. A midnight bowl of ice cream or a giant bowl of popcorn (olive oil and REAL Salt) along with an hour to savor a book with no interruptions is a welcome addition to any day.
Need to know more?
You know how a favorite book calls your name to be read again and again. That’s how it is with these posts…I love rereading them.
Maybe you will too.
- 100 Random Things About Me…surely more than anyone needs to know: 100 Things
- My four life-changing homebirths: Birth Stories
- My journey through miscarriage…so far we are at ten: Miscarriage
- Twenty-seven pieces of mothering advice: Completely Unasked For Advice
- Brand new to homeschooling? Or considering it for the future? This post will make your path easier: Homeschooling: How To Start
- The lump in my breast and what I learned: The Lesson Of Submission
- Deep thoughts on mothering: How Does It Feel?
- Deep thoughts on death: A Lesson From Reepicheep
- Deep thoughts on who we are and what we should focus on: Human Doings
- A tribute to my marriage: Sixteen Years
- A heart full of love for my grandma…read it and fall in love with her: Happy Birthday Grandma
- Some thoughts on education: Obsessions or Treasured Opportunities?
- Homeschooling harvest: Benefit #three-million-and-one
Connect With Me Elsewhere
- Birth: My doula company is Birth Happens…but that site hasn’t had a lick of stuff done to it yet! In the meantime you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Usborne Books: I sell Usborne Books that engage children in learning. My store is Find The Duck Books.
- Pinterest: You can follow my boards here.
- Shelfari: Check out my bookshelf.
- Fix The Connection: My husband’s super cool energy healing and behavioral therapy work. Check it out here.