Miss Kat taught me how to make her delicious Lentil Tacos years ago. We love them ever so much for their easiness, deliciousness, healthiness, and low cost. Her website has disappeared from the interwebs, so I decided to post her recipe here so when people ask me for it, I have somewhere easy to send them.
- 1 Onion, chopped (if you have time to saute on the stove first, it’s worth it)
- 2 1/2 C. Lentils
- 5 C. Water
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Mix together in crockpot, cook at least 7 hours, 9 is even better on low or 3-4 hours on high. Or cook on the stove for about 30 minutes if you forgot to start it earlier in the day.
About 30 minutes before eating, add in:
- 1 14.5 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. Can Green Chilies
Right before eating, stir in 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
Serve on warm tortillas with these toppings:
- Fresh Limes squeezed on top (a must!)
- Sour Cream (optional, but delicious)
- Grated Cheese (optional, but delicious)
- Salsa (optional, but delicious)
My mom doesn’t like cilantro, so we leave it out when she is here and just let everyone put their cilantro on individually instead of mixing it into the big pot.
Thank you Katherine for blessing our family’s life with your fabulous foodie creations!read more